Thursday, December 3, 2009

Warm and Cool


I've always tried to figure out different patterns in pictures, paintings, numbers, words and even nature. The way they intertwine, complementing and supplementing each other.....like fire and ice, earth and sky, black and white, etc. is quite fascinating and the differences make us appreciate everything around us.

Well maybe I'm going off topic now, but then these differences is what makes things around you go in harmony and recently I realized more than ever how my parents, so different in their character, complement each other so well, that we felt we never missed a thing.

My dad is a bit strict, but quite cool too. Most of the times he likes to keep things for himself, but when he speaks, he does so frankly and it could hurt at times, but then, later you realize that it is all for your good. You know your flaws, then you learn how to overcome it.

My mom is quite the gentle and warm personality and she never keeps things in her head. She always speaks out what she thinks and what she thought about it before and what she thinks we must do about it. Always a smile and sometimes a frown.

Discussions during dinner is one of the best. We put forward our daily experiences, ask for suggestions, etc. and my dad puts forward his opinion and looks at us to make our own decisions and mom tells us what she thinks we must do.

I realized that their very differences complement them so much that we always thought we never missed a thing at home. And I should say that I'm reallly very lucky to have parents like them, Alhamdulillah. Being human beings they do have their flaws, but they are quite open to criticism as well. Well, it just doesn't feel alright when they are not together and even when we are not together. I miss you guys! Hope to see you soon!

4 comments:

  1. thinking of which I feel the same way about my mom and dad...though the verbal communication is quite less!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh that was sooooo touchin!!... u are so right dear ..nice post !!..infact best post .. i liked it .. i mean thts d truth ,,, parents, they always try their level best to bring up their kids!!...

    :)

    ReplyDelete