Friday, July 30, 2010

An Obsession, A Fascination


Quite often, there might be somethings that we could get obsessed with. No matter how much you want to let it go, you can't, you just keep returning to it. There could be something intriguing about it, which is difficult to explain and something magical that draws you towards it. For some this obsession can be temporary while for others, they tend to be obsessed with the same thing their whole life.

Temporary obsession, though prominent among a lot of people, is hardly noticeable, as people get off their obsession quite fast. Can this be called a fascination? I'm not sure...... Temporary obsession for songs, artifacts, hobbies, etc....I seem to be quite obsessed with a lot of things lately that I find it hard to keep a track of myself. But then, you've only got one life to live, so why not diversify your obsession ;) ?




2 comments:

  1. Obsession,I think is one of the most dangerous human emotion for another,Snow queen.Not only does it devastate every fibre,every essence of your existence,but It totally negates and blinds you to the hard realities.And when you do snap out of it, most often, you have lost a lot,a helluva lot in the bargain.I loved what you said in the intro.It fits perfectly with what most of us go through when we engage ourselves with this terribly disturbing emotion..

    As for obsession with hobbies, art,etc..I am all for it.I think it makes one excel in whatever we do because of that single minded focus.Right now though I am obsessing about my characters!Lol!I almost become them!Yes sure signs of schizophrenia!:-D Great write up snow queen.Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and your comments enhanced my writing. I didn't think about the dark side of it and now that I'm thinking about it, I'm seeing an obsession which is devastating almost everyone in this generation, Internet Obsession!

    ReplyDelete