Sunday, December 28, 2008

Awakening












I was asleep, in my own dreamland,
In my utopia with my books, cell and PC.

When I woke up, I was in another place
And I strode alone towards my destination,
A bright light along the straight unwavering path,
As I walked, I realized, I wasn't walking alone,
There were millions of people as far as my eye could reach,
To my left and to my right, 
In front and behind,
All trying to reach the same light, 
Treading through the same unwavering path.

Both young and old, men and women,
With no distinction of their nation,
No hatred, jealousy, hostility or enmity.
All gathered, together, in the vicinity of the Holy land
With just one wish in our hearts,
A humble and innocent request to our Lord.

Please accept our prayers and our good deeds,
Please forgive us our sins,
Help us make this world a better and peaceful place to live,
Let us be among the blessed people,
The dwellers of Paradise,
Help us to live a contented life, through thick or thin.
Stregthen our faith, with steadfast heart,
That strives for the Hereafter.

O My Lord, with the millions of people around me,
I feel so insignificant. What am I without you?
You created me, made me born to the family I am in now.
What do I have to be proud of?
You gave me good health and good intelligence.
You gave me the blessings of living a contented life.
You gave me everything, even without me asking.
But, I am greedy. I still ask you for many things,
'Coz I know, I'm nothing without your blessings.
Just a lump of dust. That is where I came from,
That is where I'll return to. 
The physique that I boast of as mine,
Do I have control over it? 
What is the complicated machinery within it?
Can I nurture and control it? Not a chance.

O my Lord, even then I feel that I'm special to you.
You blessed me so much.
Each day is a flow of new events and surprizes.
Yes, they are all a test from you.
Each trial and tribulation, a test for my patience.
Each happy and successful moment, a test of my gratefulness to You.
Thank You for making me who I am.
Thank You for giving me a wonderful family,
Thank You for giving me awesome friends,
Thank You for giving me education,
Thank You for all the things that has happened to me,
Some bitter lessons and other happy moments.

O my Lord, I believe that
If I pray to you sincerely, with good intention,
You will surely answer my prayer.
If not here, in the Hereafter.




2 comments:

  1. Unstoppable once you start reading..........ney sanau....u gt a good poem there ....
    both in its inner meaning and its literal meaning, I guess it is one of your best creations ever!!
    nywez ganbatte!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arigato Tsukasa.

    I think there is more coming to it. As a follow up or part 2, I mean there are more things on my mind. And yeah, it was unstoppable when I began to write as well.

    ReplyDelete