Sunday, November 29, 2009

For You, A Thousand Times Over.....


"Amir Agha, For you a thousand times over....", said Hassan

Well, a quote from The Kite Runner, which has been embedded in my mind for quite some time now. The Kite Runner was a very emotional book, I was in tears through out the book. What really touched me was the unconditional loyalty and trust of Hassan towards Amir. This day, this age, where do we find such loyalty? such sincerity? despite the way Amir treats Hassan?

Well, this quote really made me think.....will I be able to tell this to someone or anyone? 'For you, a thousand times over...' Is there anyone in my life that I place even before me and would do anything despite the consequences that may befall me? I dunno....But I do know that there are some people whom I would happily dedicate my actions to and then there are some people who make you want to do things for them...just because of their personality....

Maybe one day I would really and honestly say, 'For you, a thousand times over.....', to someone really special, someone whom I would place before myself, someone for whom I would be ready to sacrifice myself......God knows the best.....

2 comments:

  1. One of my all time favourite novels too..Believe me I refused to read another novel for the next 2 months,it moved me that much..Khaled Husseini is a spectacular novelist, and his narrative absolutely captures the struggle and pain of post modernist Afghanistan.As for your quote, I am sure you have already found that person,Safa!Mashallah..Did you ever even envision him at the time you wrote this? I bet not!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. So true. I wanted to read the next book by Khaled Husseini, but unfortunately, I couldn't get hold of the book so far. Well, as for the special person, I really don't know if I'm completely dedicated....letz see, time will tell.... ;)

    ReplyDelete