Saturday, April 18, 2009

Who Am I ?


It is early in the morning. I wake up, greet my parents and siblings. Do my daily rituals, then off to work. Meet a multitude of people on the way, so many cars rushing past. I know not who they are and I don't care! Or do I really not care? I'm not sure......

My world revolves around me and the circle of people around me. I could classify them as 1st circle, 2nd circle, 3rd circle and 4th circle depending on their intimacy with me. I honestly care about what my 1st circle of people think about me, 'coz they know me inside out and believe me they will be the only people who will miss me when I'm not around. And then again I ponder....who am I?

When I think about getting something done, 1st priority goes for myself-selfish interest maybe, or well, maybe not- just normal human instincts. Then for my 1st circle people. If I want things done, do I really think about others priorities? Do I need to? I'm just not sure. But one thing is for sure, this might sound strange, but I try to view myself from a stranger's point of view. And most of the time the analysis is very interesting. Any stranger wouldn't care about who I am! 'Coz for them, they are the most important ones. 

What if I give a gentle smile? I get a smile back. But itz not enough to strike a conversation, being the reserved and cautious person.

What if I want attention from someone? Well....hmmm....I dunno...'coz maybe I don't attract attention, until I open my mouth that is.

What if I want someone's time? Do I take into account their priorities? Or is it me, Me and only ME, 'Gimme some of your TIME!!'??? Hmmm......for once I step out of my shoes, put myself in theirs.....would they care to give me some of their time for this particular reason? Is it insignificant? Can I do without it? May be I can......

In the end....I still wonder who am I? I'm not any celebrity or any person whom the world will remember. But I am a person who has a wee bit of ambition, a lil bit of courage, loads of optimism, a lil bit of care n concern, a lil bit of attitude, n many more........n also that I matter for my 1st n 2nd circle of people......they may or may not miss me, but I'm quite sure that I've left my footsteps in some hardcore places, where I'll not be forgotten and I'm quite  sure that YOU are also the same!!!!

All that matters in life is, if you know you've brightened up someones day.....
If you know you've done your best to reach your dreams and 1 day hope to reach there.....
If you know you matter, not for others, but for yourself and your Creator..... 
If you grow strong with every step you take and every stone you stumble upon.....
If you were to put yourself in others shoe, you are happy with the person you see in yourself.....

Who am I? Do I really care? I love the way I live and I live the way I love!!!!

"Life is not about discovering yourself, it is about creating yourself!!!"

3 comments:

  1. hmm.............who are you???
    well i thought ur mission was supposed to let any stranger know who you are and what you want in life...bt its more so about the circles having understood you...try changing the title.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnx for the comment...but like I tried to present here, itz more like I'm trying to feel what others think about me....or more so to encourage ppl to think more abt themselves n others around them

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this sounds so good ur explanation..........

    ReplyDelete