Tuesday, October 13, 2009

In Fond Memory of Her


Day before yesterday, I was walking through the footpath lined with small shrubs, when I noticed some sparrows on those bushes. It sparked the memory of my grandma or uppuma as I used to call her. She had given me an embroidered pillow case with sparrows and the words 'Good Night' and 'Sweet Dreams'. With time, the pillow cases' clothes got worn out, but the embroidery she did has been intact......

She was an amazing woman. A very talented person, an all-rounder. She used to sing, tell us stories, she used to do very intricate embroidery, be up to date with politics and current affairs......a prodigy we all used to look up to. We could easily learn from her that looks never really mattered, it is the substance you are inside that makes you and your world.

Next week and it will be 2 years since she passed away. Our life goes on...but we do miss her....and the person who misses her the most, is her better half....my grandpa.....when I look into his eyes, I can see loneliness, which he tries to hide and he tries to move on as well.....and believe me he has been doing a great job at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment