Thursday, June 11, 2009

Contact Lens or Spectacles?




When I was small, I just yearned to wear spectacles. I liked it and thought it was cool, but (un)fortunately, I didn't have to wear glasses when I was younger. And then come university, I spoil my eyes and then got to wear specs. At this point of time I wasn't very enthusiastic about having to wear glasses. Oh, but then in university, I liked my "geeky" look with the glasses....oh yeah....otherwise I would have been too pretty :P.

Well, the geeky look suited me, or so I thought and a few people thought so too. But my mama had other plans. "Honey, why don't you try wearing contact lens. I don't like your look with the glasses!" Then I go, "Hmmm...contacts??? And me? Do you think this clumsy careless tom boyish daughter of yours will be able to manage those "contacts" meant for elegant people?"

Well, she wouldn't give up. "Give it a try. You can always keep your glasses as spare just in case. Don't throw them away."

And then reluctantly, I agreed. Went and got my eyes examined, ordered a new pair of contacts. And now I was getting excited. I wondered how I'd manage. Would it even last for a few days. Most people get irritation and allergy using contacts. I told my optician to get me the best contacts that I can use for a year. I collected them 2 days later.

As soon as I went home, I couldn't hold myself back. I opened the box, followed the instructions. Washed and wiped my hands, extra clean and took the delicate contacts and tried to put it on. After a tedious 30 minutes effort, I succeeded in putting both the contacts. And, well, I felt I was missing something (obviously my glasses), 'coz I didn't feel as if there was anything in my eyes.

Now, believe it or not, this clumsy, careless dudette has been using contacts for more than 10 months. Putting it on is a bit tedious and you have to be careful not to wipe your eyes when you have them on, 'coz the contacts could go somewhere in your eyes and would be tedious to find out where it went (yeah happened to me twice and the funniest thing is you don't even know whether it is there or not!!!) But it is more comfortable than glasses, 'coz you don't get the mark on your nose and the glasses accumulate dirt easily and blur your vision. I noticed this while using the computer with glasses for long time. I also didn't maintain the hygeine of the first few days later on.

I like using contacts, but have to be careful when I go out, 'coz even the lightest bit of dust particle can irritate my eyes. Thanks to that excuse, I got myself new sunglasses :P!!!!

And now therez another problem. People who used to know me without specs couldn't recognize the me with the specs and people who were used to seeing me with the specs don't recognize me without the specs. So all in all, I became an arrogant brat who doesn't care to smile at people, 'coz they will NOT recognize me anymore!!! (Add to it my new attire and weight :P )

6 comments:

  1. hmm.....well well a typical....***[:D]

    ReplyDelete
  2. gt to know nw...that u r wearin contacts..

    ReplyDelete
  3. well...began using it during mid-August.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Contacts are good but the prob is ,when u feel sooo sleepy and just wanna fall onto bed...u just need to remove ur spex and place it near ur bedlamp while its horrible wen u have to be soo extra cautious abt ur contact lens,get up,remove it,place it in its case etc etc!!Everything else tempts me to start using lens :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. True...u just can't go to sleep just when u want to.....a risky factor!!!

    ReplyDelete