Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Guilt


There are a lot of times when I hurt people, unintentionally. It doesn't really strike me that I've hurt them until later. But by then it is too late. Either I don't get the opportunity to apologize properly or I don't get the circumstances to apologize. It might be about the timing. I try as much as I can not to hurt people intentionally. So, I live with the guilt for quite a long time. And when I meet the person again, either I forget about it or they forget about it (or most times, they didn't even get hurt, it was just me thinking that I hurt them.)

But it sure is tough to move along with the guilt. And as a person who likes to keep my feelings to myself, I don't share these guilts and get over with it. It just accumulates and over time, one day I just break down with everything. Most of the time while in prayer, I seek forgiveness. All my tears they keep running down my face, but I don't like it when others see. I just want those moments with God and myself to replenish me.

As Ramadan is approaching, I would like to take this opportunity, to apologize to all those people whom I've hurt unintentionally. Maybe through my words or actions. I'm sorry for letting you down and for hurting you. I just don't like to live with guilt. To Err is human, to Forgive is Divine. And I seek forgiveness from Allah, always......I just wish that my tears can erase the guilt and sooth the hearts that I've hurt.


2 comments:

  1. i forgive you in advance for all the trauma caused, each time i read your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah...rrright!!(Thatz Chikku's dialog, I stole it)

    Thnx for reading...even though u suffer so much and for forgiving :P

    ReplyDelete