Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Wish


At times, how I wish I could escape reality
To run away and take solace in mother nature....
To run away to the green meadows all by myself....
Quench the thirst and gulp down the view of the blue sky....
To feel the cool wind gushing past my face
Trying to blow mw away with it.....

To lie on the green meadows and watch the birds fly in the sky....
To feel the earth beneath and the smell of the mud after first rain....
How I wish I could just run away to a place
Where I just don't have to think about anything or anyone
Just satisfy myself with what nature has to offer
To see, to hear, to feel, to smell....

But then I'm drawn back to reality...
Wherever I run to, I try to escape to
I just don't find any green meadows....
I don't feel the cool breeze hitting my face...
But I feel the scorching heat and see the barren land....
With nature changing itz color.....

How I wish I could run back with time....
How I wish I could lie on your lap....
How I wish I could listen to the water....
How I wish I could feel the breeze....
How I wish I could see the green and blue shaking hands....
How I wish you'd replenish me.....mother nature!

7 comments:

  1. Arigatou....now I know the essence of good writing...be tired n a bit depressed/annoyed... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow !! nice try dear !! ..too good!! loved it!! ..missin greenery & monsoon uh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah...I've been missing the greenery ever since I've come here...n this time during my vacation I didn't have enuff of it :'(

    ReplyDelete
  4. good one!!!you are a good poetess....nic wrk:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey nice one dear. while you're in UAE, go to fujairah/dibba. If not exactly what you'd get in India, you'll at least get part of the pleasure in these places.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thnx angel n kuks...insha Allah, planning to go to fuj this time....keeping my fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete